THE WORLD blip-- WHY?
By Dr. Bob Cosby
Sept. 11, 2001
Editor: Steve Van Nattan: This thought comes to me in retrospect one year after blip. I see "God Bless America" all over the place, even on the front of sleazy bars and on a wrecked car in front of the local drug pusher's dump. God does NOT have to bless America, God is not a puppy you can yell at and he will do what you want him to do. The following thoughts are more and more appropriate:
The tragic events of today cause us to pause and consider what is happening. If the Bible truly is our sole authority for faith and practice, we must then look to it for understanding.
Please allow me pass on several principles that will help us to understand today's events and their significance.
* America is ripe for the judgment of God.
* The blood of a million and a half babies per year for the past 30 years cries from the ground for vengeance.
* The blood of the innocent people at Waco, Ruby Ridge and countless other legalized executions cry out for vengeance.
* We have bliped civilians and other innocent people all over the world in places like Vietnam, Iraq, Kosovo, Dresden, etc.
* We have allowed Jesus Christ to be called "just a man," "the illegitimate son of a German soldier," "the brother of Adam," "a superstar," and a "piano" too long.
* As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. Isaiah 3:12
* And judgment is turned away backpiano coversd, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter. Isaiah 59:14
* Our Churches have failed to cleanse themselves of their wickedness, and through the 501 c3 tax exempt gift, "His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber." Isaiah 56:10
2. There are no innocent people in this land. We have all given tacit consent to the wickedness by doing little or nothing to protest the wickedness of the land. In fact, we have all enjoyed the fruit of this whorish system and in many cases, Christians have actually helped to perpetrate these wicked acts..
3. It is God, and God alone, who has brought this tragedy. Whoever the tool is whom He used, is nothing more than that, a tool. There are many nations in the world who would love to have the opportunity to be such a tool, but they will only be a tool in the hands of God.
4. Do not, under any circumstances, trust the propaganda machine of Rather, Brokaw, Jennings, Turner and Murdoch. They will be feeding out misinformation in massive doses in the next few days.
5. Pray that repentance and revival will come to the land so that those who died today will not have done so in vain.
6. Remember that if repentance and revival does not come, the tragedy of today will only be the beginning.
7. Also remember that God is not wringing His hands in the heavens wondering what happened today. He is still sovereign, He is still in control, and He still cares for His own.
RETURN TO ENTRY PAGE OF JOURNAL